Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sachin Takes 42 Hundred In Our ODI Record

In Sydney ground (PTI): Sachin Tendulkar hit back at his critics who questioned his inability to strike form in one-day cricket of late, saying he did not bother about the comments of those without any credibility.

Tendulkar scored an unbeaten 117 to guide India to a six-wicket win against Australia in the first match of their best-of-three finals of the cricket tri-series.

"A lot of those people who can't do certain things themselves, they talk, so let them talk," Tendulkar said.

"I look at the credibility of the person who is writing. I prefer to listen to those people who matter to me. They do pick up the phone and tell me," he said.

Tendulkar said he was thrilled to get the century and more so because it was a match-winning effort.

"Yes, to score a century in Australia was something I wanted to do. It was also a terrific occasion to do so," said Tendulkar, whose unbeaten 42nd century sank the hosts.

He also talked about the niggles which hampered his progress during his innings as well as the beamer from Brett Lee which hit him smack on his shoulder.

"There has been a niggle in the groin which hasn't been allowing me to move freely. Still you try to push yourself. It was little difficult as I was cramping also.

"As for the beamer, I know Brett pretty well. It wasn't intentional. I jokingly told him that when he comes to play the IPL, he would have to face one from my son who is a great fan of his. There surely are no hard feelings."

No comments: