Saturday, May 31, 2008

Aussie plan of getting Windies trade secrets fails

Australia's ploy to get inside information from the West Indies camp before the Test series went futile as the compatriot they had banked on refused to divulge the trade secrets. Nash, who missed out on a berth in the West Indian Test squad for the current Test series, has played with the likes of Chris Gayle, Daren Powell and Jerome Taylor and could have provided some important tips about the West Indian gameplan to the Aussies.

But he chose to turn down the insinuation on moral grounds.

"I would not feel comfortable giving those sort of trade secrets and that sort of information out to the Australians," Nash was quoted as saying in 'The Australian.'

"It would be like giving up information against my own team because I am hoping to play for the West Indies.

"I have played with or against every one of the West Indies players in the domestic competition. So I know a fair bit about them, and their strengths and weakness, but I'll be keeping that close to my chest," he said.

Thirty-year-old Nash was a moderately successful left-handed batsman. He moved to Jamaica to continue his cricket career there, while his father represented the Caribbean nation as an Olympic swimmer.

Australia won the first Test against the hosts earlier this week.

No comments: